Direct Support Professional
To apply for this job, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online application.
Located in Havre de Grace Harford County
This position is scheduled to work Monday-Friday
Must have 2 points or less on driving record
Position Title: Direct Support Professional/1:1 Individual Support Post
Reports To: Program Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps individuals achieve desired outcomes from community and pre-vocational activities.
- Acts as advocate for all individuals that you support
- Develops, implements, and documents progress to help individuals reach their goals
- Work with individuals to find and help them use community-based resources to achieve their personal outcomes.
- Safely transports clients to and from facility
- Follows time schedules in a safe manner
- Accurately records attendance of clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to complete online trainings
- Current Driver’s License with 2 points or less
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Previous experience in service provision to adults with disabilities or physical challenges
- Ability to monitor participant progress, make recommendations and report accordingly
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Possesses a positive attitude with a professional presentation and the ability to work in a team environment
- Current CPR and Basic First Aid certification; strongly preferred; however continued employment is contingent upon it being obtained within 90 days of employment
- Functions independently 80% of the time
- Must be able to drive a 15 passenger van
- Current CPR and Basic First Aid certification strongly preferred; however, continued employment is contingent upon it being obtained within 90 days of employment
- Possesses a valid MD Driver’s license with less than 2 points in last 3 years –no
- Possesses a positive attitude with a professional presentation and works in a team environment
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities preferred.
- Current CPR and First-Aid Certification strongly preferred; however, continued employment is contingent upon it being obtained within 90 days
- Previous experience transporting individuals with special needs preferred
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to maneuver a wheel chair and use wheel chair restraints when appropriate.
- Ability to drive a 12 passenger van or personal vehicle for transportation of individuals.
I have read this job descriptions and understand that I can discuss questions with my supervisor
Employee signature: ______________________________________________
Job Type: Full-time